Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pve World of Warcraft guild on Ravenholdt EU. Leaders: Usiris & Inannah

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Renever

Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Empty
PostSubject: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:46 pm

---- You as a person ----

First Name: René
Nationality: Dutch

---- Your character ----

Character Name: Renever
Class: paladin
Race: Dwarf
Level: 80
/Played time: 95days
Talent spec: Prot

Profession 1 (+ skill): Enchanting 450
Profession 2 (+ skill): mining 450
First aid skill: 450
Fishing skill: 450
Cooking skill:450

---- General questions ----

What made you want to apply to us?
- Where else should i go

What do you think you will bring to the guild?
- happines and a good solid raider

Do you speak and understand English to a reasonable level?
- yes

Do you have a sense of humour?
- no

What other guild(s) have you been in?
- Redrum, Acta Sanctorum

Why did you leave those guild(s)?
- stopped playing

Is there anyone in Acta Sanctorum that can vouch for you?
- perhaps, i know alot of the curent members, dont know if they want to vouch for me Smile

Do you have people in your life who dont like you playing this game and want to end your raiding as soon as possible?
- my grandmother....

Do you decide yourself when you play, what you play and why you play ?
- uhmm..... lol ?

Do you have any alt you actively play?
- nah...

---- Raid related questions ----

What raiding experience do you have?
- all till ulduar 25, working on the new instances now

What do you think your class and spec will bring to a raid?
- or a tank, and when pallys still suck as tank im happy to switch to dps or holy

Are you willing to respec if it would benefit the guild. If so, do you have any gear for offspec?
- yes i have dps offgear about 75%

Will you always be topped with consumables and use them without other notice from an officer or raid leader?
- yes i have 5 empty bag slots... rest is filled with drinks etc

Are you fully enchanted / gemmed / glyphed?
- yes

How do you handle stress and critisim in raids?
- stay calm

For how long times ahead can you plan your calender for raids?
- 2 weeks

Do you understand the general idea about rotation shifts for raids?
- yes

Do you have a good computer and stable internet connection?
- yes

Do you have a working microphone (to be able to talk on ventrilo)?
- yes

Do you know where babies come from?
- from inannah ?

Will you join in the guilds fun activities and all-in-all have a fun laid back time with the rest of the guild (off-raid times)?
- not when it is naked swimming in StormWind...... im kinda thick boned...

Is there anything else you would like to add?
a few empty lines ?

like this ?
Back to top Go down
wintermute

wintermute

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:54 am

This application to me seemed very watered down and rushed. Talent spec, we expected (0/0/0). Not Prot. Looking at your gear, you have no epic gem's from the items i browsed all sitting on +24 stam gems.Why the hell are you using libram of resurgence as a tank?? I can understand the "MINOR" threat boost but seriously.. NO,NO

As for your spec, you will not achieve maximum TPS output on what you have. No vindication, no crusade, no conviction. You do not need two points in SP, You really do not need divinity.You are not expertise capped, so your gylph choice is wrong, get seal of vengeance, again with this consecration shit... you will not have mana problems so the righteousness glph is not required, get divine plea glyph reduces total incoming damage by 3% when divine plea is active.

That being said we currently have no place for another paladin tank, also your gear does not meet the requirements for the raids that we are currently doing.

Please wait for an officer for final decision.
Back to top Go down
Renever

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:49 am

Whoot good to hear you still use paladins as tanks Smile i was already afraid that we totally sucked atm.....

As for my glyphs im working on them as we speak, ordered a few already. About my talentbuild its the one made together with Kreatonius 6 months ago, so i can imaging some things have changed and i need to alter it, np give me a good build and i create it tonight.

And you know raiding aint all about gear right ? Wink

Thanks for the reply and ill wait for an officer's decision.
Back to top Go down
Quantus

Quantus

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:29 pm

First of all, thank you for applying.

While I do share some of Wintermute's concerns about your gear and talents, I believe most of those problems can be solved, and am glad to hear you are working on them even now.

However, as you have also noticed, we indeed are using Paladins as tanks. In fact the truth is we have more active Paladin tanks than any other class.

So we don't really need another Paladin tank at the moment, and we probably wouldn't be able to get you a spot for most raids. Besides, it would be unfair to the pally tanks who have already proven themselves as active and core members of our raiding roster.

I'm afraid I am going to have to decline your application. You need not be concerned about whether pally tanks are still viable or not though, I assure you they are. So if you really plan on starting to actively raid again, I would advise you to follow winter's advice about your gear and spec, and apply to one of the other raiding guilds on the realm. And try to spend a bit more time on your future applications :p

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Renever

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Quantus. my application is filled in this way because i dont like applications Smile because peope can write whatever they like in those applications.

I think its fare more valuable to know the person behind the application and have seen him in raids, rather then the things he writes in his application.

And you can ask them, i was in the top10 of most attended raids when i left. always got all my gear sorted out and always loaded with drinks food etc.

I talked to Usiris yesterday that i was back on the gaming, since Acta funded all my gear and i've spent lots of time in creating the base of the guild as it is today my first option was to ask usiris if i could rejoin.

He sees no problems but asked to make an 'official' application on the forum, he knows how i feel about these applications Smile

Ill respect every decision made by Acta offcourse.

Greetings..Renever..
Back to top Go down
Anubbis

Anubbis

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Hello Renever ..i was wondering where r u xD ..nice to see u back and now i have chance to ask u ..why the hell u quted from guild and u didnt say nothing ?Smile
i know what u did for acta and what acta did for u ..but quiting like that ...dono what to say rly xD
anyway gl with ur aplay mate
Back to top Go down
Renever

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:03 am

Yeah sorry about that, it was the frustration from Jolick, that guy was not ok.

I had some arguments with Usiris, and it felt to me like the guild choose the side of Jolick all the way. So before i would make things more worse i pressed alt-f4 and took some nights off to let it cool down Smile then my account was over and i didnt want to extend the account at that point.

But good to see youre still in the game, ill whisper you ingame so we can chat a bit and catchup Smile

Greetings..Renever..
Back to top Go down
Usiris
Admin
Usiris

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:01 am

Hey mate,

Good to see you've picked up the game again. When I look back at the times we raided together, I look back with positive thoughts. You were one of the most reliable people I've raided with. Never slacking on consumables, enchants, gems etc.

Quantus does have a valid point though. At the moment we have 4 active tanks in guild, 2 being paladins. I'm not sure how we can give you a spot in raids, and I would hate to promise you things I can't realize, especially because I know you love to raid.

Sry to disapoint you though

Usi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -   Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined - Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renever an old and lonely Paladin - declined -
Page 1 of 1